Wedding Planning Toronto
When planning your wedding we want you to be as organized as possible to ensure a stress free day. Our specialty is custom designed cakes. Over the years we have picked up many tips on making your wedding planning as easy as possible. Here are some helpful tips:
- Choosing the right banquet hall or restaurant can get a little tricky. As a courtesy to your guests choose a banquet hall near to where your guests will be staying. This saves time and money.
- Instead of hiring a wedding planner you can assign tasks such as music, pictures, video’s and activities to friends and family. Also you can buy disposable cameras and place them on each table for your guests to use and drop off in a bowl at the end.
- The catering company or restaurant you use should have a variety of menu items to choose from. When you are sending out invitations remind your guests to advise of any allergies or special dietary needs. Remember when it comes to the wedding cake most catering companies do not supply a wedding cake and buy from companies specializing in making wedding cakes and there may be additional charges.
- A florist will provide draping, center pieces, background colours and bouquets. This is the time when you will start to envision what your wedding will look like.
Now for what we do best the wedding cake
Wedding cake shopping can be a little stressful. The fact that your wedding cake is not visible at the moment of purchase can leave a customer with some doubts. It’s all about trust and confidence in the company. There are a lot of options and ideas in the market and it could take some time to choose the right cake for you. You should try to create an image in your mind of what your dream cake will look like to be prepared for your consultation. Here are a couple of tips to get you started.
- The shape of the cake is one of the first things you have to consider. Round, square, diamond and octagon are a couple of choices.
- How many tiers your cake will have is usually based on the number of guests. You can always have Styrofoam tiers to make your cake stand out. Our company has lots of ideas to help you save on your budget.
- You can choose to arrange your tiers differently. Our most popular choices are stacked together, separated by a 2, 3 or 6 inch post or separate the tiers all together to create a nice display.
- The colours of your cake are usually inspired by what your reception area will look. Choose to have a cake that enhances the colour scheme or one that really stands out.
- The design is completely up to you. Anything you can imagine we can make. Handmade drawings, hearts, swirls and diamonds to name a few.
- Now for the tasty part. We offer a variety of flavours made from high quality ingredients using original homemade European recipes. We offer samplings of our delicious cakes at every consultation. Please keep in mind meragne, mousse and cheesecake are not ideal texture for wedding cakes as the cake will be sitting out for a period of 4 -6 hours.
- Real flowers on a cake are beautiful but may not stand up to the heat of the day. You should try sugar flowers. They are delicious and detailed and can be painted any colour to compliment your wedding colors and centerpieces.
- Cake toppers come in a variety of posses from traditional to modern. Another popular choice is using your initials or adding accessories such as diamonds, jewels and pictures. There is also a special topper that paints a replica of your face on the bride and groom figurines so it actually looks like you!
At Empire Bakery we have years of experience in creating wedding cakes unique to each couple and a variety of delicious flavours to choose from. Our trustworthy staff will help guide you through the process of designing your own cake in a comfortable and creative atmosphere. We will simply provide you the best options for your wedding and create a cake to compliment your wedding.
**We ask to book your cake consultation 3-6 months before your wedding.